St. John the Evangelist Mothers’ Union is a branch of Canadian Mothers’ Union and the greater Worldwide Mothers’ Union. We meet once a month, 10 months of the year.
If you’re interested in supporting Christian and family life, learning something new, doing some outreach work, having some fun and enjoying fellowship, then Mothers’ Union is for you! Membership is not restricted to women only. To learn more about Mothers’ Union, click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsn8OQ74Kro
The Mothers’ Union is a Christian organization which promotes the well-being of families worldwide. We achieve this by:
- developing prayer and spiritual growth in families
- studying and reflecting on family life and marriage and its place in society
- resourcing our members to take practical action to improve conditions for families, both nationally and in the communities in which they live.
Our aim and purpose is to demonstrate the Christian Faith in action by the transformation of communities worldwide through the nurture of the family in its many forms.
Mothers’ Union members do this by working toward five objectives:
- promoting and supporting marriage
- encouraging parents in their role to develop the faith of their children
- maintaining a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
- promoting conditions in society favorable to stable family life and the protection of children
- helping those whose family life has met with adversity
- We believe in the value of each individual and their unique qualities.
- We believe in the value of relationships.
- We believe in the value of the family in its many forms as a source of love and support for individuals and the basis for a caring community.