Our Visioning and Planning Committee, created in February 2017, works to research and make recommendations to Parish Council on:
- Medium and long term real property needs
- Building requirements and opportunities (e.g. solar power)
- Land use options (including the Cemeteries as appropriate)
- Financing options (for a and b above and others as appropriate)
- All of the above in relation to current and future Parish and community ministries and outreach programs and needs.”
The committee also works to address the impact of HRM building guidelines, now in effect, for all public buildings.
Summary reports for meetings held are available on request and shared through the Parish newsletter, with information also provided in pew bulletins and Church announcements.
Focus group discussions will take place in the Fall for your input – a place to share ideas and visions for faith and outreach programs of our Parish for the next 5 years and more – put your thinking-caps on!
A meeting was held Sept 17, 2017. Our guest, HRM Councillor, Lisa Blackburn, updated the committee on the demographics and growth areas of the Sackville and Lucasville areas and answered questions of committee members about HRM development and support services we might draw upon in our work, as well as social issues and needs in the area that the Parish might help out with.
The work of this Committee needs and invites input and suggestions on any topic Council or its membership or parishioners would like to bring to the V&P Committees work.
Next Meeting – October 3, 2017.